The Society exists to promote the advancement of public education in local history in Warwickshire.
In furtherance of this objective, the Society shall:
- Co-operate with other bodies having similar interests.
- Encourage the preservation of local records, antiquities and objects of historical interest.
- Demonstrate ways of studying local history by sponsoring lectures, discussions and by arranging investigations and visits.
- Collect and make available information on local history projects and sources within the county.
- Undertake such publications as the resources of the society may permit from time to time.
- Take other steps which may be necessary in achieving the objects of the Society.
Membership of the Society is open to any person, society, organization, library, or corporate body interested in promoting its objects.
The Society's AGM is held in March each year, when the officers report on the previous calendar year.